Review of La Serena Spa at the Reefs Resort in Bermuda

  • on Friday, September 24, 2010
  • One of the best things about writing about beauty is getting to check out spas around the world. This July, I spent a glorious week in Bermuda doing just that. I got to stay out a few resorts where I tried out their spas, I went snorkeling along Bermuda's famous reefs where I spied the most gorgeous fish (I highly recommend a snorkeling trip with Jessie James Cruises) and I tried for the first time the island's signature drink, the Dark 'n Stormy.

    The funny thing is that I'd never considered a trip to Bermuda before. I had no idea until this past spring that it was only 2 hours away from NY by plane (hello!). It's like this shiny little gem of a vacation spot that has fallen off the radar of many East Coasters, but if they knew how much cooler it was than say, Florida, all the New Yorkers I know would be buying up those $200 Jet Blue flights to Bermuda and bypassing Miami. It's that cool.

    Of all the places I checked out in Bermuda, The Reefs Hotel and Club is the resort I can't wait to come back to. The rooms are nicely priced, many are newly renovated and the resort is perfectly located on a rocky ridge overlooking the beach and the ocean (pictured here is my perch near the infinity pool at The Reefs). My good friend Laura and I found the food to be outstanding, but the best treat of my stay were the services I had at the resort's La Serena Spa. I had the best facial of my life there and a wonderful wrap and massage as well. I highly recommend the spa even if you are staying elsewhere on the island.

    The Reefs offers many discounts throughout the year. Check out their Website for more information.

    See my full review of La Serena Spa at the Reefs Resort in Bermuda.

    Photo by Laura Goodman


    View the original article here

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment