Ummm, Can We Start Wearing Hats Again?

  • on Friday, September 24, 2010
  • Oh how I love this picture. It makes me want to take a time machine back to the 40s, perhaps the 50s, so I can wear cute little dresses and hats like this without looking like a dork. Maybe I should just move to England and attend weddings.

    With "Mad Men" raging, maybe people will forget the latest 80s trend and start hitting the streets of NY in hats like these. I much prefer them to jeggings. My great wish is that a group of girls at every high school in the US will adopt the hat trend for their Homecoming dances, there's certainly no shortage of them in vintage dress shops across the country. I've tried on my share.

    This picture reminds me of my dad's high school yearbooks from that era and everyone just looked so darn adorable, like they all hung out at sock hops and drank root beer floats. There was something so pure about that time before the raging 60s and 70s.

    Photo: Laura Dundovic, Richard Reid & Rachael Finch in Sydney, Australia by Gaye Gerard/Getty Images)


    View the original article here

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment